Encino Energy combines the right assets, the right people and the right ideas to generate the best returns for our investors.
Founded in 2011, we’re a private oil and gas operating company headquartered in Houston. We acquire and operate working assets in multiple onshore U.S. basins.
Encino focuses on delivering strong returns with low risk by applying a disciplined approach to acquisitions and development, and by employing top-tier people in every aspect of our business. Our assets generate strong cash flow, we have modest debt, and we support our development activities with a robust commodity hedging program.
Encino Energy is backed by the third-largest pension fund in the world, the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). In 2017, Encino Energy and the CPPIB formed an oil and gas acquisition partnership, Encino Acquisition Partners (EAP).
In October 2018, EAP closed a $2 billion deal to buy Chesapeake Energy’s Utica assets in Ohio, retaining more than 100 jobs, acquiring approximately 900 operated and non-operated wells with 900,000 acres of oil and gas leases.
- Taking the best of what we’ve done at companies including Range Resources, Devon, Dominion E&P, El Paso, Noble Energy, Marathon and Petrohawk, we’re building a large private company with premium-quality assets, people, technical work and operations.
- We have a bullet-proof balance sheet and a long-term focus on developing our assets and our people, improving continuously to deliver a high return with a low risk to our investors.
- Buy large, low-cost assets with many years of development potential;
- Hire top-tier people and align them with our investors;
- Utilize cutting edge technologies to maximize returns;
- Emphasize efficient, low-cost, innovative and safe operations; and
- Maintain financial strength and flexibility at all times.
- A focus on the long-term:
- Sustainable, safe, environmentally conscious operations
- Carefully managed risks
- Align all stakeholders with ownership, incentives, transparency and involvement:
Encino Energy is — and will remain — committed to investing in our assets, people and innovative ideas to continue to get the best results for our investors and the communities we call home.